Classified Advertisements Terms and Conditions
ACL Classifieds (www.aclnz.com/jobs), known herein as 'the website', is a website and service owned and operated by Assure Consultants Limited (a company registered in New Zealand under company number 2385748).
1. Company Contact Details
The operational address for ACL Classifieds is:PO Box 15378, New Lynn
- The use of the term ‘we’ throughout these Terms & Conditions refers to the ACL Classifieds business and website.
- The use of the term ‘company’ refers to the ACL Classifieds business and website.
- The website is accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to and use of the website is subject to the Terms & Conditions of this agreement.
- By accessing the website you accept without limitation or qualification all of the terms and conditions in this agreement.
- ACL Classifieds (www.aclnz.com/jobs) reserves to right to change these Terms & Conditions at any time. By using the website you agree in advance to accept any changes.
- You should read carefully these Terms & Conditions before proceeding. By proceeding you accept them. If you do not agree with them you should not use the website.
2. Booking advertisements, notices & announcements via the website
All advertisements, notices and announcements placed through the website are subject to approval by the company, prior to publication in the ACL online website at www.aclnz.com/jobs. The company reserves the right to reject or cancel any advertisements, notices and announcements booked which are deemed to be unsuitable for any reason. No refund or compensation shall be given for rejected advertisements, notices and announcements.
3. Standards applicable to the content of advertisements, notices and announcements
A. These standards apply to all advertisements, notices and announcements booked via the website.
B. You must comply with these standards. If these standards are not complied by, your advertisement, announcement or notice will be rejected and cancelled. No refund or compensation will be available for advertisements, announcements and notices rejected on the grounds of standard of content.
C. The content of all advertisements, notices and announcements must:-
- Be accurate
- Be genuine
- Comply with applicable law in NEW ZEALAND and any country from which they ate posted
- Comply with advertising and/or promotional regulations in force in both New Zealand and any country from which they are posted
D. Advertisements, notices and announcements booked must NOT:-
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- Promote or contain sexually explicit material
- Promote or contain violence/ violent content
- Promote or contain discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
- Be likely to deceive any person
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Promote or involve illegal activity
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance , inconvenience or needless anxiety
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person
- Be used to impersonate any person or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
- Contain goods/items/services/information that is or could be described as:-
- Pornographic, obscene or erotic
- Football tickets
- Cigarettes or tobacco products
E. Please be aware that this list is not exhaustive or complete and may be added to or otherwise amended at any time. In additional we reserve the right to refuse any advertisement, announcement or notice in categories not listed above, if they appear, in our complete discretion, to be unsuitable for whatever reason.
4. Suspension and Termination
We will determine whether there has been a breach of these acceptable use standards and we may take such action as we deem appropriate. Failure to comply with these acceptable use standards constitutes a material breach of these terms and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the website
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the website
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Such other actions we deem appropriate.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these acceptable use standards.
5. Access to and use of ACL classified website
We reserve the right at our discretion to restrict any user's usage of the website either temporarily or permanently or refuse a user's registration.
6. Linking to the website
You may link to the website, only where you have first sought the prior written approval from the company and, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the reputation or take advantage of the company or website. In any event, you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement with the company where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website to www.aclnz.com/jobs that is not owned by you.
You are permitted to view the contents of the classified from website on screen. You are also permitted to print one copy of reasonable extracts from the classified from website for your personal use and to save one copy of such reasonable extracts to your local hard disk for your personal use. All other copying and distribution of any of the contents of the website is strictly forbidden.
8. Links from www.aclnz.com/jobs
Where www.aclnz.com/jobs links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. The company and website have no control over the contents of those other websites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
The company may revise these Terms & Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms & Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the website.
10. Your concerns
2. Please report problems, offensive content and policy breaches to us using this email address.
3. Please note that although the company will check advertisements, announcements & notices placed, the company does not accept any liability for monitoring the website (www.aclnz.com/jobs) or for unauthorised or unlawful content on the website or any other aspect of its use by third parties.
The website contains content from the company, you, and other users. The webiste is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. Content displayed on or via the website is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute or modify content from the website without the express written consent of the company. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in the website. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of the website (other than your own content). When you upload content onto the website, you are granting the company and the website (representing that you have the right to grant the company) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights to that content.
12. Points for Sellers
A. In order to place an advertisement, announcement or notice via the website, simply follow the instructions on http://aclnz.com/post-an-ad/user/add.
B. You warrant that in relation to an advertisement, announcement or notice posted by you:
- You are properly authorised to place the advert;
- The advert will not breach any legislation, regulation or contract and will not render the company liable to any proceedings whatsoever; and
- The advert is legal, decent and truthful and complies with all relevant codes of practice
C. Once you have created an advertisement, announcement or notice, payment made and the content approved by the website – your advertisement, announcement or notice will remain on the website for a period of time determined by the category in which your advertisement, announcement or notice was booked. Below is a record of how long each advertisement, announcement or notice will stay on the site:
C1. STANDARD ADS
- 15 days from start date of online ad chosen by you
- This applies to all categories within the STANDARD ads
C2. STANDARD EXTENDED ADS
- 30 days from start date of online ad chosen by you
- This applies to all categories within STANDARD EXTENDED ads
C3. FEATURED TOP ADS
- 14 days from start date of online ad chosen by you
- This applies to all categories within STANDARD or STANDARD EXTENDED ads
D. The company shall have no liability to you if the advertisement, announcement or notice does not remain on the website for the full period detailed above.
F. You are free to post pictures and/or descriptions of items you are selling within reason. You are solely responsible for ads you place on the website and the company shall have no responsibility for what you post.
G. You must not post any advertisement, announcement or notice which is of a service similar to the the services offered by website www.aclnz.com, or is of a conflict of interest to the any offering of website www.aclnz.com.
H. Below is some advice to ensure safe selling:-
- You should not send any items before receiving payment (if applicable);
- You should not accept cheques as payment or part payment for items; and
- You should never provide your personal or banking information to buyers.
I. You agree to indemnify the company and keep the company indemnified against all claims, costs, proceedings, demands, losses, damages, expenses or liability whatsoever incurred by the company arising directly or which is reasonably foreseeable as a result of any breach or non-performance by you as the seller of any of the representations, warranties or other terms herein contained or implied by law.
13. Points for Buyers
When acquiring an item, we recommend that:
- You always speak to the seller prior to arranging a meeting;
- You go and see/try items yourself;
- You avoid taking lots of cash when meeting up with a seller; and
- You never travel alone.
- We do not accept any liability for misleading descriptions and you acknowledge that ads may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors.
- The company and website shall have no involvement or responsibility for the transaction between sellers and buyers and can give no guarantees as to the accuracy of the information on the website.
- The company and website give no guarantees as to the trustworthiness of any buyers or sellers and the company strongly recommend that you take all steps necessary to protect yourself. You should use common sense when it comes to your personal safety, especially when arranging to meet up with a stranger. You acknowledge that you should gather as much information as possible in order to allow you to make an informed choice as to whether to meet up with the buyer or the seller. If you are planning to meet the buyer or seller at your home or place of work, you should ensure that you take someone with you. If practical, you should arrange to meet the buyer or seller in a public place such as a supermarket car park or at a shopping centre. You acknowledge that you will have no right of action against the company in respect of anything that occurs as a result of you contacting the seller or the buyer.
- You acknowledge that you will not misrepresent your identity, you are over the age of 18 and you have provided valid and complete contact information.
- The company and website specifically disclaim all and any liability to a seller, a buyer and users of the website (other than death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of statutory duty) for loss or damage of any nature whatsoever and however arising, whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause. Save in the case of death or personal injury caused by the company’s negligence or breach of statutory duty, under no circumstances shall the company be liable to the seller or the buyer or any other party for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, those resulting from loss of sales, loss of goodwill, loss of profits, whether or not we were advised of the possibility of such losses.
- The company takes no responsibility for what happens via the website. You acknowledge that you will use the website for the proper purposes it was intended i.e. to list and view items or services you are hoping to sell or buy or provide and for no other illegal or immoral purpose.
- The company reserves the right to withdraw any advertisements, announcements or notices we feel are inappropriate, misleading, damaging or contravene these Terms & Conditions, with or without notice.
- No variation of these Terms & Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing.